Sunday, April 11, 2010

Miss Universe Canada 2010 Contestant - Bianca Gaudreault's Profile/Biodata & Picture


Bianca Gaudreault

AGE: 20 | HEIGHT: 5'8" | HOMETOWN: MONTREAL, QC

Bianca was born and raised in Montreal, Quebec, the eldest of three and the only girl. Her father is of Bermudian and French descent and her mother is of Swedish and Irish descent, making for an eclectic mix of culture. She speaks English and French fluently and is currently studying Law, Society and Justice at Dawson College.

Upon graduation, she plans to attend Concordia University in Journalism and hopes to further her studies at Ryerson University. Performing in various choirs and talent shows from the age of 5, her passion in life is singing. She hopes to eventually record an album, in which she plans on writing her own songs.

Bianca has much experience in modeling, having modeled for companies such as MAC, Browns Shoes and Michael Kors. This is her first time competing in a pageant and she hopes to represent Canada to the best of her ability.

Other plans for the future include travelling and learning about a plethora of cultures, all the while aiding those in need. It would be her dream to be able to volunteer in third world countries.

Questionnaire:

Are you currently a student?
If yes, where?
Area of study:
I am currently enrolled in a Social Sciences profile, Law, Society & Justice at Dawson College. I will be graduating this semester and plan to further my studies by attending Concordia University in Journalism.

Are you currently employed?
If yes, what is your occupation?
As of recent, I have been working as a waitress at a health food restaurant, Mountain Street Kitchen, located inside a fitness complex.

Have you completed secondary school?
If yes, where?
I completed my secondary studies in 2007 at Royal West Academy, a French immersion, semi-private institute.

Have you completed university/college?
If yes, where?
I am currently enrolled in CEGEP and I am scheduled to graduate in May 2010.

Languages spoken Fluently (please include your native language if English is not your native language)
English, French

List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc).
I have received training in various forms of dance, including tap, jazz and hip hop, from the ages of 7 until 14. I began singing at 5 years old and have worked alongside two vocal coaches and with many choirs. Additionally, I was part of an acting troupe, Pegasus Performing Arts, from 2006-2007.

In what sports, if any, have you participated and how long have you participated in each sport?
The first sport I was ever enrolled in was gymnastics, at the tender age of 4! I took an interest in gymnastics for 3 years, until I became fascinated with soccer. I played soccer from 7 years old until I was 12 years old, alternating between swimming lessons and soccer twice a week. However, at 12, I became more interested in solo sports and took up tennis, which I still play every summer.

Please list any schools and universities (public/private/graduate/trade or technical) you have or are attending, as well as the area of study, graduation date and any degree or certification you received.
Royal West Academy: 2002-2007 – Diplome Etudes Secondaire
Dawson College: 2007-Present – Law, Society & Justice - Diplome Etudes Collegiale

What charity/charities have you supported with your time and/or resources over past two years?
Each year, as the holiday season approaches, I volunteer to gift wrap presents, in which the donations received are donated to the Montreal Children’s Hospital Foundation.
Furthermore, I have been a participant in the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Walk for Kids every year since 2005. As of 2004, my mother and I have walked the CIBC Run for the Breast Cancer Cure and have collectively raised close to $1000 each year. This year, I have chosen to become proactive in a new charity – the Israel Cancer Research Foundation, in which I will be raising money and participating in a volunteer fashion show in March.

What would be your "dream job" in life?
It has been my lifelong dream to be able to showcase my singing and song writing talent to an audience, as I feel that I would be able to promote positive messages through my songs and make music that various age groups could relate to. I feel as though music is an art form that everyone can appreciate.

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life? Why?
A person that has had a tremendous impact and influence on my life and the decisions I’ve made throughout it thus far would be my grandmother. My grandmother instilled a variety of values in me, including hard work, dedication and determination. In addition, she promoted a very positive image of women, as she was completely independent and had raised her five children mostly by herself. Although she had endured a vast amount of hardship throughout her lifetime, including her battle with lung cancer for 3 years, which ended fatally in 2002, she never lost hope and her outlook on life has been an inspiration to me. She has taught me to play the hand of cards that life has dealt me, to never lose focus and to enjoy everyday to the fullest as life is beautiful.

What is the proudest personal accomplishment (other than being in this or any other beauty pageant competition)
My proudest personal accomplishment is raising money, year after year, for the Montreal Children’s Hospital, as one is truly able to see the appreciation and gratitude of the children and staff alike.

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?
Ideally, I would like to become a journalist. In order to accomplish that goal, I have applied for a three-year journalism program at Concordia University. Upon graduation, I would like to further my studies and apply for my masters in journalism at Ryerson University.

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.
I was raised in a suburb very close to downtown in Montreal, Quebec. Growing up with two brothers, I was a typical tomboy. Naturally, I had to embrace playing football and video games in order to gain the acceptance of my siblings! However, growing up with two boys is what made my childhood much more interesting than a usual girl’s. I was given the opportunity to play on an all boys football team, all the while taking dance classes. My childhood was very lively and diverse!

List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had.
The most unusual job I’ve ever had was working as a telemarketer for a newspaper. I always felt terrible calling people at dinner time and harassing them to subscribe to an English newspaper, especially when the customer was French!

List any volunteering you have done.
I have volunteered for the Montreal Children’s Hospital, selling raffle tickets at events and gift wrapping during the holidays. Currently, I am participating in a charity fashion show for cancer research.

Where is the most interesting place you have been?
The most interesting place I have been would be Bermuda. My father is of Bermudian descent and although the island is very small, I discover something new each time I visit. I love meeting extended family members and hearing stories of my father causing mischief as a child! Bermuda is a special country to me as it is part of my heritage.

What makes you unique and different from the other contestants?
I believe that each contestant is unique, however I would say my life experience is what sets me apart from the other girls. I come from a diverse background, have embraced two very different cultures and have been given the opportunity to learn about my heritage from people of different walks of life in my father’s native country.

What is your philosophy of/in life?
My philosophy in life is to live everyday to the fullest, to appreciate the things in life that you have and not dwell on the things that are seemingly missing.

What do you hope to be doing in 10 years?
In 10 years, I hope to have succeeded and excelled in whatever field I choose, but more importantly, to have impacted the lives of those around me in a positive manner.

Is there anything you would like to tell us about yourself? Something unique that has happened to you? Some interesting thing about you?
The main thing that I would like people to know about me is that regardless of my outcome in the competition, I am grateful for the opportunity I have been given. I am honoured that I have been considered as a delegate and I hope to make memories that will last a lifetime with people of all ages and nationalities: )

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.beautiesofcanada.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...