Saturday, March 26, 2011

LaShawn Gray - Miss Bahamas 2011 Contestant

Beauty Pageant > Road to Miss Universe / Miss World
> Bahamas > Miss Bahamas 2011 Contestants

LaShawn Gray

Deranique's Beauty Salon / Eye Candy
AGE:  23
HAIR COLOR: Black
EYE COLOR: Dark Brown
HEIGHT: 5’ 5”

LaShawn Gray - Miss Bahamas 2011 Contestant

FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT MY HOMETOWN/COUNTRY:
My favorite things about my country are the tight knit communities, the influence of European culture, the strong perseverance of the African Spirit, and the marriage between those forces that shapes our modern culture. We are so diverse&unique, yet we are one people, one family, one Bahama Land and no other country can imitate that.

LIFE’S AMBITIONS:
My life's ambition is to be to someone who is always loving, smiling, learning and growing. I want to be able to help and enrich the lives of others and those around me. I want to live a self-less life.

HOBBIES:
I love going out, traveling, meeting new people, fine dining, scrap booking, learning foreign languages, reading, outdoor activities and sewing.

MY GOALS IN LIFE:
In five years, I would have liked to have completed my Associates in Spanish and Bachelors degree in Finance. I would be pursuing my Masters in Diplomacy. I would like to get married, start a family, own my home and become fluent in Spanish and French. Also, I would like to have my Appraiser's License from BREA.

MY BEST ASSET IS:
My best asset is my joyful spirit.

MY DAILY PHILOSOPHY IS:
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart&lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path." Proverbs 3:5-6
THE MOVIE (AND/OR BOOK) THAT MOST INFLUENCED MY LIFE:
The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren, simply because he emphasizes that "We were made by Him,&for Him." Therefore our purpose is in Him. [Jesus]

WHO I WOULD LIKE TO MEET AND WHY:
I would love to meet Barrack Obama (and Michelle!!) I would love to sit at their feet, learn, and hear about their opinions concerning global issues. I believe mentorship changes some of your perspectives and has the ability to lead you to a brighter and more enlightened future.

I AM MOTIVATED BY:
I am motivated by my parents because they have given up so much for me to be better than they ever were. Plus, I promised I would take care of their retirement&that’s a promise I have to keep, or else!
WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU HAVE EVER DONE?
At the age of 20, I left my job at RBC and planned to spend three months in Guanajuato, Mexico on my own to learn Spanish.

BRIEFLY DESCRIBE THE MOMENT IN YOUR LIFE YOU ARE MOST PROUD OF:
Currently, I am most proud of myself because I am working, in school, and active in my church. I am supporting myself financially and also trying to help my parents in some ways. Although this can be difficult, I am proud of myself for not complaining or quitting. I am also proud of myself for stepping out of my shell and applying to become the next Miss Bahamas.     

WHAT I WOULD LIKE THE JUDGES TO KNOW ABOUT ME:
I am a highly motivated and ambitious young woman with a zest for life! I am a kindhearted individual that wants to see the best in myself and bring out the best in others. I am spiritual, bubbly and I love nature. I believe that we can learn so much from animals and the beautiful nature that surrounds us.

MY COMMUNITY SERVICE/ACHIEVEMENTS ARE:
I was fortunate to receive a two year scholarship from Scotiabank (Bahamas) Ltd. to attend The College of the Bahamas; where I made the Dean's List. I also received certificates from the University of Guanajuato and the University of Salamanca for completing my Spanish immersion courses with honor. While attending Bellarmine University in Louisville, I made the Dean's list and was appointed Secretary of the Black Student Union.  Currently, I am on the honor roll for Sojourner-Douglass College.  I was also honored as Most Outstanding Student in Bahamian Government Schools, Most Outstanding Female Athlete in High School, Youth of The Year at Commonwealth Baptist Church and Most Dedicated Dancer.

DESCRIBE YOURSELF IN THREE WORDS:
Driven, thoughtful&joyful

LaShawn Gray - Miss Bahamas 2011 Contestant

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...