Friday, March 25, 2011

Miss Bahamas 2011 contestant - Kristen Duncombe's Photos & Profile/Biography


Miss Bahamas 2011 Beauty Pageant
Official Contestants

NAME: Kristen Duncombe

AGE: 21

HAIR COLOR: Dark Brown

EYE COLOR: Brown

HEIGHT: 5’ 7”

BIO:
FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT MY HOMETOWN/COUNTRY
My favorite things about my country are:
1. The people. I feel that here in The Bahamas we have the most amiable people and most unique (in terms looks and character).
2. It may sound clichéd but our wonderful weather; sun, sand and sea. I have been to many different states and countries and I've always desired to be home laying on the beach year round rather than to brave four different seasons.

LIFE’S AMBITIONS
My interest in anthropology and linguistics have long been an aspect of my personal goals. I love to travel and expand my knowledge of the cultures around me and my ultimate goal would be to become a linguist; knowing a total of six languages. I'm currently studying French and Mandarin.

HOBBIES
Swimming, dance, modeling, reading, cooking

MY GOALS IN LIFE
In five years I would possibly be fulfilling my interests of traveling the world and learning more about its diverse cultures as an anthropologist and a linguist.

MY BEST ASSET IS
I feel that my eyes are my best asset; they are a beautiful shade of brown and stand out as one of my most striking features. It has often been said that the eyes are the windows to the soul and I feel that the unique shade of my eyes reflect my cordial nature.

MY DAILY PHILOSOPHY IS
A great man once said," Life's most persistent and urgent question is what are you doing for others" (Martin Luther King Jr). Like my mother I've long held a belief in humanitarianism, the world today is fast evolving into an undesired nature that centers around the selfish notions of individualism. My daily Philosophy is to be an advocate for the less fortunate, less privileged, especially in relation to the physical and mentally disabled.

THE MOVIE (AND/OR BOOK) THAT MOST INFLUENCED MY LIFE
Book: Restavec /Movie: The Color Purple, this book&this movie influenced me in a variety of ways especially in learning to overcome adversity despite overwhelming failures that continue to be a part of our everyday struggle for success.

WHO I WOULD LIKE TO MEET AND WHY
I would like to meet Russell Simmons because I find his character to be very motivating and full of encouragement. It is always interesting to find someone who has a passion for success without an egotistical nature as a result; especially when it comes to public out-reach and community service.

I AM MOTIVATED BY:
I am motivated by my mother. Throughout my life time I have been a witness of her ability to overcome many aspects of negativity and defeat. She has touched the lives so many individuals imparting wisdom and evoking optimism where ever she treads. I hope to, one day, touch someone's life in the way that she has touched so many.

WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU HAVE EVER DONE?
I have yet to find anything that I have done to be uniquely unusual.

BRIEFLY DESCRIBE THE MOMENT IN YOUR LIFE YOU ARE MOST PROUD OF
Volunteering for the Bahamas International Film Festival (BIFF). This was truly a wonderful experience that allowed me to converse and interact with people from very diverse backgrounds and cultures. Hearing their stories and the inspiration behind their films was a very awe-inspiring experience, especially since the majority of them weren't very fluent in English.

WHAT I WOULD LIKE THE JUDGES TO KNOW ABOUT ME
I am a very strong-willed individual that has an innate passion for art and culture. My life-long goal is to be fluent in at least six languages and to travel to as many countries as possible, learning about their history and cultures. I have already made steps towards this direction, completing courses in Conversational Mandarin and French. I'm currently learning how to play the guitar and occasionally write a number of short stories and poetry that are sometimes used in collaboration with my friends for art and illustrative purposes. My love for reading has made me quite knowledgeable and has diversified my thought process in a very positive and persistent, but yet humble way. I consider myself to be a purpose-driven individual with a love for humanity which I think is a necessity for anyone thinking about being an ambassador of The Bahamas.

DESCRIBE YOURSELF IN THREE WORDS
Resilient, Resourceful, Ambitious




source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.universalqueen.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...