Thursday, April 15, 2010

Miss Universe Canada 2010 Contestant - Tanja Pooley's Photo & Profile/Biodata


Tanja Pooley

AGE: 21 | HEIGHT: 5'8" | HOMETOWN: SURREY, BC

Tanja was born in Johannesburg, South Africa. She is one of three daughters in her family. At the early age of 6 her family decided to move to a country that was full of opportunity and safety for the family. Her positive and entrepreneurial attitude comes from a lifetime of uplifting and motivating people in her life. She is forever grateful to her parents for making the decision to move to Canada and is proud to call this country Home.

She loves spending time with her family and her life long friends and is an all around joyful person. Her dedication and ambition sets her apart from others. Tanja believes everyone should live life with no regrets and live everyday to the fullest, never waste a moment.

Tanja is looking forward to her first experience in a pageant and is excited to see where this journey takes her. Becoming Miss Universe Canada would be an opportunity for her to become a role model for young Canadian women. Plans for her future include traveling, learning new cultures and experiencing new things.

Questionnaire

Are you currently a student? No
If yes, where?

Are you currently employed? Yes
If yes, what is your occupation?

Employed at Super Save Disposal as an Events Coordinator as well as an Office Administrator

Have you completed secondary school?

Have you completed university/college? No

Have you completed any technical/professional school?
If yes, where? No

Languages spoken Fluently (please include your native language if English is not your native language)

English

List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc).

Special training include: playing the flute for a year in High school as well as painting classes all through high school

In what sports, if any, have you participated and how long have you participated in each sport?

In school I played Basketball, Volleyball, Track and Field sports, and Soccer

Please list any schools and universities (public/private/graduate/trade or technical) you have or are attending, as well as the area of study, graduation date and any degree or certification you received.

I have attended many schools since my family has moved around a lot:
Regent Christian Academy, and graduated at Fraser Valley Christian High School
What charity/charities have you supported with your time and/or resources over past two years?

-I have sponsored a girl, Julie, with World Vision
-Created Christmas hampers for the less fortunate
-Mercy, which is a non profitable housing facility which help women get back on their feet after abuse and addiction
-Volunteer weekly at my church's bookstore

What would be your "dream job" in life?

World Traveler and owning my own business to have the freedom to do what I feel.

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life? Why?

My little sister Claudia. She is the most kindest, honest person I know. She has nothing bad to say about anyone and she has an amazing attitude towards life. I look up to my little sister and I don't think a lot of people can say that.

What is the proudest personal accomplishment (other than being in this or any other beauty pageant competition)

Sponsoring a child through World Vision as well as donating my hair towards cancer.

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?

Owning my own online network marketing company allows me to use my people skills in building my organization as well as work for myself giving me more freedom to make my own decisions. It will take a lot of personal growth and networking which I am fully up for.

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.

I was born in South Africa, moved to Canada as a young child. It was just the 5 of us so holidays in my house were very cozy. This has made my immediate family very close since we only had each other to lean on. I grew up as the middle child of 2 sisters who are my best friends. I wouldn't change my childhood for the world.

List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had.

Working for a disposal company, even though my job is in the head office, I had to go out on the big dump trucks and toilet trucks to get a feel for the entire company.

List any volunteering you have done.

-Volunteer weekly at my church's bookstore
-Homeless shelters feeding the less fortunate
-Gathering food for delivering to the hungry

Where is the most interesting place you have been?

I believe i'm unique in the sense that I have an awesome attitude towards life and I never let anyone take my happiness from me. I have great work ethic and enjoy self growth. You will rarely see me without a smile on my face.

What makes you unique and different from the other contestants?

I believe i'm unique in the sense that I have an awesome attitude towards life and I never let anyone take my happiness from me. I have great work ethic and enjoy self growth. You will rarely see me without a smile on my face.

What is your philosophy of/in life?

My philosophy would be, Live life to the fullest and do everything with no regrets, never look back only forward.

What do you hope to be doing in 10 years?

In 10 years I hope to be traveling the world with my family, touching people's lives and being able to bless them financially and emotionally.

Is there anything you would like to tell us about yourself? Something unique that has happened to you? Some interesting thing about you?

I am a very laid back type of girl, very honest, always searching for ways to better myself. I believe I am very trustworthy and have always kept close and amazing people in my life. I have no shortage of inspiration in my world.

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.beautiesofcanada.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...