Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Miss Universe Canada 2010 Contestant - Jocelyn Symborski's Photo & Profile/Biodata


Jocelyn Symborski





AGE: 21 | HEIGHT: 5'10" | HOMETOWN: LETHBRIDGE, AB

Jocelyn Symborski is 24 years old. She was born in Calgary Alberta and was raised in the small town of Hinton located just outside of Jasper National Park. She currently resides in Lethbridge Alberta. She is an outgoing, enthusiastic person who takes extreme pride in being Canadian. She is working at the Blarney Stone Pub and in her spare time she enjoys working out, volunteering, and spending time with friends and family.

Jocelyn is an active volunteer for various charities such as Breast Cancer Foundation, Bridges of Hope and helping out within her church. The Breast Cancer Foundation is especially important to her because her grandmother is a recent survivor.

She is currently attending the University of Lethbridge working towards a combined degree in marketing and education. Once she is finished her degree`s she hopes to be working with a charity planning fundraisers and having the opportunity to travel abroad teaching English in less fortunate countries.
If Jocelyn becomes Miss Universe Canada she would like to work closely with charities to increase awareness and promote change for a better tomorrow. She believes that every kind act no matter how small and insignificant it may seem at the time it can make a world of difference. As a proud Canadian she hopes to share the greatness that makes Canada home.

Questionnaire

Are you currently a student? If yes, where?
Area of study:

Yes I am a student. I am currently at the University of Lethbridge working towards my bachelors of marketing and my bachelors of education.

Are you currently employed?
If yes, what is your occupation?

Yes I am currently a waitress at the Blarney Stone pub.

Have you completed secondary school?
If yes, where?

No I am still currently working towards my degree’s.

Have you completed university/college?
If yes, where?

No I am still currently working towards my degree’s.

Have you completed any technical/professional school?
If yes, where?
What subject?

No

Languages spoken Fluently (please include your native language if English is not your native language)

I only speak English fluently

List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc).

I took drama and band classes throughout elementary and high school, playing the flute for 4 years. We have a strong Ukrainian heritage and therefore I took Ukrainian dance for 11 years.

In what sports, if any, have you participated and how long have you participated in each sport?

Throughout middle school and high school I played basketball with our school team.

Please list any schools and universities (public/private/graduate/trade or technical) you have or are attending, as well as the area of study, graduation date and any degree or certification you received.

1. Lethbridge College; Business Admin Studies
2. Medicine Hat College; Pre-Vet Studies
3. University of Lethbridge; Combined degree in management and education majoring in marketing and math. I will be graduating in Winter 2012.

What charity/charities have you supported with your time and/or resources over past two years?

1) Breast Cancer Foundation
2) Bridges of Hope
3) Global Youth Network
4) St. Martha’s Catholic Church
5) SOS K-9 Rescue

What would be your "dream job" in life?

My dream job would be working with a charity planning fundraisers and having the opportunity to travel abroad teaching English in less fortunate countries. Giving me the ability to speak for those who have not been given the abundance of opportunities and blessings that I have in our country.

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life? Why?

My sisters have equally been influential in my life. My one sister, Kathleen struggled with illness throughout our childhood and not only pulled through but still gave her time to anyone who needed it. She showed me how the smallest things in life can make the largest difference and how every breath is a blessing. My second sister Shera-lee taught me about integrity and being a true friend. As a little girl she understood how important it was to work together as a family even when times were tough.

What is the proudest personal accomplishment (other than being in this or any other beauty pageant competition)

While attending Medicine Hat College I planned a fashion show and silent auction to raise money for science and engineering undergraduate society and SOS K-9 Rescue. I worked with SOS to rescue animals from the disasters of hurricane Katrina. Due to my efforts SOS was able to bring up animals that were abandoned and left to die in the aftermath of the hurricane.

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?

I hope to work for a charity and travel abroad teaching English to less fortunate countries. I am currently working towards a combined degree in marketing and education at the University of Lethbridge. I also an active volunteer with Bridges of Hope; a charity which focuses on breaking the cycle of poverty in Africa. Between my degrees and this charity I hope to work towards my dream job.

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.

I was raised in Hinton Alberta. I am the oldest of four children and was blessed with a very supportive and loving family. I attended a catholic school and was very involved in my catholic church; teaching children’s liturgy and visiting the sick at the local hospital. My one sister was premature which resulted with struggles with her health throughout our childhood. Not only are we blessed that she fought through her illnesses but I personally gained a deeper understanding to the importance of life. This led me to be more involved in charities and to the women i am today.

List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had.

My most unusual job would be working with a construction company as a flag girl.

Where is the most interesting place you have been?

The most interesting place I have been is Cuba. Learning about their culture and seeing the differences from our society was truly inspirational.

What makes you unique and different from the other contestants?

I believe that every individual is truly unique. I grew up in a small Alberta town surrounded by wildlife and the Rocky Mountains and truly have experienced the extremes of Canadian weather. With Jasper National Park only minutes away our family spent numerous hours exploring the great outdoors. I had the opportunity to drive across Canada to visit my grandparents in PEI on several occasions. Not only have lived in Canada my whole life but I have had the opportunity to experience life near our great mountains and along the shores of our eastern provinces. I believe that I am unique in that I truly understand and have seen the diversity and the uniqueness of each province in this great country.

What is your philosophy of/in life?

``Be the change you want to see in the World``- Mohatma Gandhi


What do you hope to be doing in 10 years?

In ten years I hope to have achieved my dream job, with hopes to be settled down with a family of my own.

Is there anything you would like to tell us about yourself? Something unique that has happened to you? Some interesting thing about you?

Within my immediate and extended family we have had to experience a numerous amount of life struggles. With my sister who was born premature struggling for her first two years of life, my grandparents who have struggled with lung disease, diabetes and breast cancer. We have been blessed with a strong supportive family forcing one to realize how important the little things in life really are. I have learned that every kind act no matter how small and insignificant it may seem at the time can make a world of difference. This is why I chose to participate in this competition because I truly believe that by doing so I will not only get to experience but I will be able to share the greatness that makes Canada home.

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.beautiesofcanada.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...