Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Miss Universe Canada 2010 Contestant - Jennifer Wheater's Photo & Profile/Biodata


Jennifer Wheater

AGE: 21 | HEIGHT: 5'6" | HOMETOWN: OAKVILLE, ON

Jennifer Wheater is a proud graduate from Humber College where she majored in Creative Photography and received her diploma. Due to her strong work ethic, perseverance and successful academic career, she is now furthering her studies at the University of Toronto where she plans to have a change in career path and become a criminal lawyer. She is an optimistic, energetic, ambitious woman who is just waiting to start out her life and live the Canadian dream she has always imagined.

Jennifer was born in Brampton, Ontario and has lived throughout Canada for most of her childhood. She has lived from the West Coast to the East Coast. Living all over Canada has been a beautiful and an amazing journey for her to experience. This has given Jennifer a fun loving, determined, passionate outlook on life. She is proud of her Italian and Scottish descent, giving her stunning green eyes and luscious dark hair. You will always see her smiling and more importantly making others laugh. She is proud to call Canada home because she believes it is the best country to live in and raise a family.

She enjoys spending time with friends and family and is always up for a good time. She strongly believes a true friend is one of the most important things in life, and one of the best things you can be.

Jennifer has no fears or regrets about any decisions she has made in her life. She is a bit of a dare devil at heart and that's what sets her apart from the rest. She loves to go sky diving, parasailing, bungee jumping, zip lining etc. She believes she has found the secret to life and that is: life is an experiment and a journey. The more journeys you take, the more you will discover.

Questionnaire

Are you currently a student? Yes
If yes, where? University of Toronto
Area of study: My BA is in Social Sciences and I’m majoring in Criminal Justice in the hopes to become a lawyer.

Are you currently employed? Yes
If yes, what is your occupation?
Currently, I’m a freelance photographer doing commercial and food photography. I am also working part-time as a server, enjoying dealing with guests, which allows me the opportunity to pursue my educational studies.

Have you completed secondary school? Yes.
If yes, where? I graduated from Lorne Park Secondary School with Honours receiving my high school certificate.

Have you completed university/college? Yes.
If yes, where? I have already graduated from Humber College receiving my Diploma and majoring in Creative Photography.

Languages spoken Fluently (please include your native language if English is not your native language)
English

List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc).
My whole life I have been involved in extra -curricular activities. Everything from figure skating, to skiing to all forms of dance. I am trained in tap, jazz, ballet and hip hop. I have been dancing for over half my life and continue the thrill, passion and dedication it takes to be a beautiful dancer.
Another one of my passions is photography. I love capturing beautiful moments in life and being able to share them with others. There is nothing more exciting than only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are. “Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.” – Aaron Siskind.

In what sports, if any, have you participated and how long have you participated in each sport?
When I was younger I played a lot of sports. Everything from figure skating to, gymnastics to soccer. Unfortunately, I never continued with sports due to my interest and passion for dance.

Please list any schools and universities (public/private/graduate/trade or technical) you have or are attending, as well as the area of study, graduation date and any degree or certification you received.
Lorne Park High School : High school Certificate.
Humber College: Creative Photography Diploma.
Sheridan College: Photography Retouching and Design Certificate.
University of Toronto: Current Student.

What charity/charities have you supported with your time and/or resources over past two years?
I have volunteered with many charities and local fundraisers within my hometown. I have always believed that it is important to donate your time and lend out a helping hand rather than just simply making a donation. The past few years I have been going to homeless shelters on Christmas Day to hand out food to those who aren’t as fortunate.

What would be your "dream job" in life?

My dream job in life would be a Victoria Secret model. Being an angel wouldn’t be so bad.

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life? Why?
Unfortunately, I wouldn’t be able to narrow it down to one person. Each and every one of my siblings has made a major impact in my life and has made me the woman I am today. I have never met such loving, accepting, beautiful people in my life, To me, family means putting your arms around each other and being there.

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?
My career ambition is to become a lawyer one day. I am currently going to school to fulfill that dream. Now that I am older and wiser ,I now have the confidence and determination to succeed.

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.
I was raised all over Canada, from the West Coast to the East Coast. Living all over Canada has been a beautiful and a amazing journey. I have lived and experienced many gorgeous things that Canada has to offer. Everything from the stunning mountains in British Columbia to the City life in Toronto. My childhood was a happy and normal life having other siblings there was never a dull or quiet moment.

List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had.

Working for Glow Magazine was a unique and interesting job, working with fashion and many important issues in today’s society. The magazine mostly focuses on fashion and beauty -targeted towards teenagers and young women. This job allowed me to meet so many interesting creative people, anyone from art directors, to fashion photographers to celebrities.

List any volunteering you have done.
I volunteer many Christmas afternoons at the homeless shelter handing out food. As well as volunteering my time to raise money for breast cancer and heart disease.

Where is the most interesting place you have been?
Freefalling at 13,500 feet in the sky, seeing life from a bird’s eye view.

What makes you unique and different from the other contestants?

I have no fears or regrets about any decisions I have made in my life. I think that’s what makes me a bit of a dare devil in my opinion and sets me apart from the rest.You can’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive and I still live by that motto every day.
I have always had a fun- loving, determined, passionate outlook on life. You will always see me smiling and making others laugh.

What is your philosophy of/in life?

Live, Love, Laugh, life is too short.

What do you hope to be doing in 10 years?

In ten years, I hope to be an accomplished lawyer, be happily married and in love. Be financially stable , have a family and make a difference in life.

Is there anything you would like to tell us about yourself? Something unique that has happened to you? Some interesting thing about you?
I have always enjoyed extreme sports, such as sky diving, Par sailing, bungee jumping, zip lining etc. I love the adrenalin rush and the feeling of being untouchable. I think it is important to accomplish your fears and your goals because this is what makes you into the person you are.

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.beautiesofcanada.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...