Thursday, April 15, 2010

Miss Universe Canada 2010 Contestant - Polina Lukashova's Photo & Profile/Biodata


Polina Lukashova

AGE: 22 | HEIGHT: 5'10" | HOMETOWN: NORTH YORK, ON

Polina was born in Moscow, Russia and moved to Canada in 2003. She is currently enrolled in the University of Toronto St. George Campus doing her last year in Economics and Finance Major, French as a Second Language Minor and a Russian Literature Minor.

Polina is a very dynamic and inspired person. She is engaged in many activities and projects. Currently, she has a part-time job at the Canadian financial institution and many extracurricular activities outside of school.

In the past years Polina has had runway and dance training. The most recent pageant she has won was the University of Toronto Next Top Model. Polina is now a part of a prestigious modeling agency.

This year Polina has decided to challenge herself and participate in the Miss Universe Canada Pageant. Polina's life goals include having a complete family full of love and warmth, owning a health/wellness business and sharing her happiness and prosperity with others in need.

Questionnaire

Are you currently a student? Yes
If yes, where? University of Toronto
Area of study: Major in Economics, Minor in French Language and Russian Literature

Are you currently employed? Yes
If yes, what is your occupation? Model, Ford Models Canada
Account Coordinator, IFDS Canada (Finance field)

Have you completed secondary school? Yes
If yes, where? Toronto, Canada

Have you completed university/college? I’m in my last semester at University of Toronto
If yes, where?

Have you completed any technical/professional school? No
If yes, where?
What subject?

Languages spoken Fluently (please include your native language if English is not your native language)
English, Russian

List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc).
Swimming

In what sports, if any, have you participated and how long have you participated in each sport?
Tennis – 6 years
Swimming – 6 years
Snowboarding – 5 years
Skiing – 6 years
Volleyball – 1 year

Please list any schools and universities (public/private/graduate/trade or technical) you have or are attending, as well as the area of study, graduation date and any degree or certification you received.
Moscow Gymnasium #1554 Graduated in 2005.
York Mills Collegiate Institute Graduated in 2006.

What charity/charities have you supported with your time and/or resources over past two years?
Sick Kids hospital – my whole family supports this charity as the Sick Kids Hospital saved my little brother’s life.
United Way – I transfer a part of my salary at IFDS towards this charity. My workplace collected over $85,000 in employee donations this year.

What would be your "dream job" in life?
I would like to be an entrepreneur. I dream of owning an entertainment or wellness business.

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life? Why?
Currently, that person is my younger brother Nikita. He is a fearless young man, who has clear plans regarding his future. He is very dedicated, family-oriented, kind and has a great sense of humour.

What is the proudest personal accomplishment (other than being in this or any other beauty pageant competition)
My proudest achievement is establishing myself on a Canadian ground. I am a good student, have a great job, my family is living well and I am opened to new opportunities.

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?
My career goal is to become a business owner. Entrepreneurial spirit runs in family.
I am graduating from UofT with an economics degree and planning to attend an MBA program later in my life to add value to my skills.

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.
I was raised in Moscow, Russia. I was a wanted and loved child. My grandparents spoiled me when I was little. I was raised in love and warmth. My parents enrolled me in a great school and put a lot of emphasis on education. I was definitely a happy child.

List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had.
Runway is always an interesting and new experience for me. The shows at Fashion Week are different and sometimes bizarre. You never know which character you will have to play.

List any volunteering you have done.
High School swim team volunteering as a timer and one of the organizers
Russian Community Centre
Sick Kids Hospital
Santa Clause Parade

Where is the most interesting place you have been?
Paris in France is a beautiful cultural city. I loved exploring its old streets and buildings. I enjoyed going to the famous museum Louvre and the Eiffel Tower.
St. Petersburg is the second city that fascinates me a lot. The architecture there is so unique, rich and gorgeous. The city is situated on the river and has many interesting bridges through it.

What makes you unique and different from the other contestants?
I am a confident and honest individual. I am sure of who I am and what I want to become. I am true to my family, friends and principles.

What is your philosophy of/in life?
I know that it is necessary to work hard towards my goals by establishing clear plans and making them come true. I highly value education. Also I believe that the best things in life come when you least expect them.

What do you hope to be doing in 10 years?
In 10 years I hope to have a large family with a man I love, 4 children and a blooming business career.

Is there anything you would like to tell us about yourself? Something unique that has happened to you? Some interesting thing about you?
My priorities in life are very clear. Family always comes first.
I plan to get a Ph.D degree in Economics at a later point in my life. I will never stop learning. I am also planning on learning 2 or 3 more languages (in addition to French, my next ones will be Spanish, Italian and German).
I think I adapt well to any environment. I also believe that I can feel, “read” and understand people around me quite well.

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.beautiesofcanada.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...