Thursday, April 15, 2010

Miss Universe Canada 2010 Contestant - Rama Diallo's Photo & Profile/Biodata


Rama Diallo

AGE: 26 | HEIGHT: 5'7" | HOMETOWN: NORTH VANCOUVER, BC

Rama Diallo is a child of the world. She was born to a Guyanese mother and a Guinean father, on a particularly hot July day, in Liberia, West Africa. She spent her childhood travelling the world; growing up in the South of France, and Vancouver, Canada, and visiting Italy, Germany, Spain, and Egypt.

From a very young age, it was evident that Rama was ambitious, and determined; and she formed the belief that the individual has the power to change the world, one idea at a time. During an idyllic upbringing in Agen, France, she developed a knack for languages and in addition to the French and English spoken at home, she spent years studying German, Spanish and Latin. Surrounded by the endless sunflower fields typical of the region in which she grew up, she would often imagine how she would make her mark on this world. It is there that she formed her life philosophy of positivity, driven by ambition and kindness to others.

Today, Rama lives in Vancouver, British Columbia where she is an office manager and an actress. In her free time, she enjoys going for long walks on the beautiful Vancouver seawall, cooking, and visiting with her family. She enjoys interacting with various people and learning through different life experiences; and credits being a communications major in university in helping her further hone this skill. It is a skill that she has had to call on on a daily basis in her personal and professional life as an office manager. It is a skill that she will continue to develop and rely on as she reaches for her goals and moulds her ideal career into shape.

Reaching for ones goals at the highest level is one of the core values by which Rama lives her life. She hopes to one day be an ambassador for the United Nations and a Hollywood actress.

Questionnaire

Are you currently a student? Yes
If yes, where? The Actors Foundry
Area of study: Acting

Are you currently employed? Yes
If yes, what is your occupation? Office Manager

Have you completed secondary school? Yes
If yes, where? Handsworth Secondary in North Vancouver

Have you completed university/college? No
If yes, where?

Have you completed any technical/professional school? No
If yes, where?
What subject?

Languages spoken Fluently (please include your native language if English is not your native language)

I speak English and French fluently, conversational German and Spanish.

List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc).

I have been studying drama at the Actors Foundry in Vancouver since April 2008.

In what sports, if any, have you participated and how long have you participated in each sport?

I was a competitive gymnast for four years.

Please list any schools and universities (public/private/graduate/trade or technical) you have or are attending, as well as the area of study, graduation date and any degree or certification you received.

I attended Simon Fraser University- Bachelor of Communications program.
I am attending the Actors Foundry.

What charity/charities have you supported with your time and/or resources over past two years?

I am part of a group called ‘Project Forward’, a mentorship program, teaching high school students integrity and compassion through drama projects. I also belong to the Black Dot Roots and Culture Collective, a collective of Black Canadian artists, who share art to raise awareness on the minority experience in Canada. Lastly, I have recently become a youth ambassador and spokesperson for the Guyanese Cultural Association in British Columbia.

What would be your "dream job" in life?

My ‘dream job’ would be to become a United Nations ambassador for peace and an award-winning actress.

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life? Why?

Oprah Winfrey has had much influence on my life because she came from humble beginnings and proved that through believing in yourself, you can make your dreams a reality.

What is the proudest personal accomplishment (other than being in this or any other beauty pageant competition)

I am currently the embodiment of my proudest personal accomplishment. I have grown into a young lady whose life is a great balance of work, and fun; and I am proud of the fact that I live my life according to a great set of values, which have been passed down to me from my wonderful family.

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?

I plan to be a world renowed actress and use my celebrity as a platform allowing those who do not have a voice to speak through me. I am working towards my goal by studying humanity, as well as the craft of acting, and making the rounds on the Vancouver audition circuit!

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.

I was raised in the South of France, in a tiny town called Agen. I spent a peaceful childhood, surrounded by sunflower and lavender fields, where I would often lose myself in a world of fantasy. I was a very curious child and a people person, it is at a very young age and in Agen, that I decided I would later impact the world, in the most positive way possible.

List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had.

I worked in a pizza parlour for two years after high school. I learned to make dough, and enjoyed mixing different ingredients to make the perfect pie!

List any volunteering you have done.

I volunteered for two years in ‘Festival Du Bois’, a Francophone festival which takes place every year in BC.
I devote my time to raising confidence and compassion in teenagers through ‘Project Forward’.
I participate in events exposing Black culture through the Black Dot Roots and Culture Collective.

Where is the most interesting place you have been?

For my 15th birthday, my aunt took me on a cruise down the Nile and we stopped at every city on the way. This trip was amazing as I was exposed to the genius of ancient Egyptian culture, as well as the beauty of centuries-old art. I will remember this trip for the rest of my life!

What makes you unique and different from the other contestants?

My unique upbringing makes me different from the other contestants. I was born in Liberia, West Africa, and raised in Agen, France and Vancouver, Canada. I have had to adapt not only to different cultures, but also learn new languages with each move. I feel that as a result, I gained a certain insight into humanity that many people at my age do not have. Also, I have an uncanny memory!

What is your philosophy of/in life?

I adhere to a philosophy similar to ‘Zen’, Buddhist philosophy. I believe that life is a gift, and that with every passing moment, we have a new chance to make life what we most desire. I believe that there is no limit to achieving dreams and that kindness to others will come back to you. But most of all, I believe in humanity and the power of love, inherent in us all.

What do you hope to be doing in 10 years?

In 10 years, I hope to be in a balanced and loving marriage. I hope to have beautiful children that I will be raising to be the best they can in life. I also hope to have achieved my career goals and to be in a position where I can devote my life to helping others with no restrictions (financial or otherwise).

Is there anything you would like to tell us about yourself? Something unique that has happened to you? Some interesting thing about you?

I believe the most interesting about me is the fact that while I respect life, I do not take myself too seriously. I believe that happiness is of the utmost importance as well as positivity. Therefore, I love being a clown and making people laugh by goofing off!

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.beautiesofcanada.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...