Thursday, April 15, 2010

Miss Universe Canada 2010 Contestant - Nicole Fleck's Photo & Profile/Biodata


Nicole Fleck

AGE: 23| HEIGHT: 5'6"| HOMETOWN: ESTEVAN, SK

Nicole, currently residing in Calgary, AB, was born and raised in the small city of Estevan, SK. Growing up Nicole was a dedicated figure skater and dancer. She used her years of training and experience to teach figure skating as well as volunteering to teach ballet and jazz. She quickly realized how highly the students she taught looked up to her, this helped her realize the importance of serving as a positive role model, and truly made her want to become a better person.

She is a graduate of Assiniboine Community College with a GIS Environmental Technology Diploma and a graduate from the University of Lethbridge with a Bachelor of Science in Geography. Nicole chose this career path because she understands the importance of protecting and sustaining our natural environment, and enjoys the challenges of working outside as well as with new technology.

Nicole enjoys spending quality time with her family and friends, working out, and outdoor recreational activities. She believes that life is about experiences, and that everything happens for a reason. She feels it is important to take control of her life and to make the most out of it, while always respecting and taking into account the people around her. Most importantly, Nicole has a big heart and believes one of the most important things in life is to find happiness and to help bring happiness into other lives as well. She finds that sometimes it is the little things that count the most.

Questionnaire

Are you currently a student?
If yes, where?
Area of study:

Are you currently employed?
If yes, what is your occupation?

Have you completed secondary school?
If yes, where?

Estevan Comprehensive High School

Have you completed university/college?
If yes, where?

Assiniboine Community College in Brandon, MB
University of Lethbridge in Lethbridge, AB

Have you completed any technical/professional school?
If yes, where?
What subject?

Languages spoken Fluently (please include your native language if English is not your native language)

English

List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc).

I had the opportunity to attend the Mariposa Figure Skating Club in Barrie, ON. I trained for a couple summers with some of the most respected coaches in Canada. Also, I trained at the Drewitz School of Dance and attended various workshops and completed many examinations. I played the clarinet for a few years in high school, and most recently I have taken part in an acting class.

In what sports, if any, have you participated and how long have you participated in each sport?

I figure skated for 15 years.
I danced in mainly ballet and jazz for 17 years.

Please list any schools and universities (public/private/graduate/trade or technical) you have or are attending, as well as the area of study, graduation date and any degree or certification you received.

I completed a GIS (Geographical Information Systems) Environmental Technology Diploma in 2006 at the Assiniboine Community College.
I completed a Post Diploma Bachelor of Science degree in Geography, concentrating in GIS in 2008 at the University of Lethbridge.

What charity/charities have you supported with your time and/or resources over past two years?

Humane Society
MS Society

What would be your "dream job" in life?

To work as a model and travel the world.

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life? Why?

The person that I feel has had the most influence on my life would have to be my best friend. He showed me that having a positive out look on life and its many challenges is all that really matters. He also taught me the importance of loving what I do with my life and chosen career path. He inspires me every day through example in what he does as a proud owner of a successful business. I have realized the importance of goals and the desire to achieve my dreams and I am grateful to him for that.

What is the proudest personal accomplishment (other than being in this or any other beauty pageant competition)

Graduating from the University of Lethbridge.

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?

I plan to be a successful business woman. I would love to open a spa/salon that only sells and uses natural products so it is healthier for my clients and the environment. However, in the mean time I would love to have a career in modeling and see where I can go with that. It is something I have always wanted to do. I am going to work towards building a portfolio and pursuing my dream. I would also like to go and complete my qualifications for either teaching figure skating or ballet and teach part time.

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.

I grew up in a small town called Estevan tucked down in the south east corner of Saskatchewan. I have a very loving family which makes me very fortunate to say my childhood was a great journey. I grew up in the same house I was born in with my mom, dad and older brother. I was very involved in extracurricular activities which made my family a busy group. Between my dance and figure skating and my older brother’s hockey and baseball my mom and dad had a full schedule. Being part of a rural community I had the chance to help on the family farm when I could, but most summers I spent attending figure skating school. I was blessed to have my both sets of grand parents just down the street from my house, and fortunate to have great friends, neighbors, and family always close by. As a family we like to spend at least a week in the summer fishing at our family cabin in northern Manitoba which is something I still look forward to every year.

List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had.

I had a summer position where I measured the height and the width of trees all day. It sometimes wasn’t the easiest to wrap your arms and a measuring tape around a large spruce tree that had never been pruned before. I also worked as a field and a plant operator for an oil and gas company during college.

List any volunteering you have done.

Assisted teaching ballet and jazz to children and teenagers for a few years
With just recently winning Miss Calgary 2010, I am looking forward to doing some more really great volunteer opportunities

Where is the most interesting place you have been?

On top of a Haleakala Volcano in Maui, Hawaii.

What makes you unique and different from the other contestants?

I always need to have something to look forward too or something new to work towards otherwise I am not content.

What is your philosophy of/in life?

My philosophy for life is that we should treat life like a gift everyday. It is up to us as individuals to find true happiness. It is the pursuit of happiness that is our given right, and if you can touch just one persons life along the way then it is all worth it. Life is what you make it, so I take responsibility for my actions and do my best to stay grounded and true to myself by surrounding myself with people who I love.
What do you hope to be doing in 10 years?

I hope to have a family and a successful career or business. I also want to be traveling, having fun, and experiencing what life has to offer.
Is there anything you would like to tell us about yourself? Something unique that has happened to you? Some interesting thing about you?

It doesn’t take much to make me cry. Whether it’s a sad commercial on TV, or a sad looking puppy in a pet store, I can be a very emotional person. I try to avoid sad movies because I will bawl through the whole thing, while deep down I am kind of laughing at myself on why I am crying so much. I can’t help it though; it just breaks my heart to see anyone upset or hurt.

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.beautiesofcanada.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...