Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Miss Universe Canada 2010 Contestant - Jamie Molz's Photo & Profile/Biodata


Jamie Molz

GE: 20 | HEIGHT: 5'9" | HOMETOWN: BURNABY, BC

Jamie Molz was born in the rocky mountain foothills town of Hinton, Alberta. Prior to attending high school in Devon, Alberta Jamie and her family moved several times due to her father’s work with locations ranging from Vancouver, British Columbia to Hagerstown, Maryland. The experience of moving around and traveling with her parents not only sparked her love of travel but taught her to respect and value other cultures and people.

Jamie’s natural leadership skills and desire to lead together with her belief in the Walt Disney quote “All of our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them” has resulted in her not only being voted as a role model by her peers, but after completing her schooling she opened and currently runs SOL Events; a premier Wedding and Event planning company. Being able to own her own company gives Jamie a chance to express her creative side, something that she inevitably inherited from her parents.

She is also working to establish an anti-bullying foundation dedicated to the public awareness and education of bullying in our society. Jamie feels that there is so much more to be done and knows that Canada can set the standard against bullying. When she’s not running her business or working on her foundation she enjoys spending time outdoors, walking her dog or lying on the beach.

Questionnnaire

Are you currently a student? No, I have graduated
If yes, where?
Area of study:

Are you currently employed? Yes
If yes, what is your occupation? Owner/Head Planner of S.O.L Events

Have you completed secondary school? Yes
If yes, where? John Maland High School, Devon Alberta

Have you completed university/college? Yes
If yes, where? Vancouver Community College

Have you completed any technical/professional school?
If yes, where? VCC
What subject? Wedding/Event Planner

Languages spoken Fluently (please include your native language if English is not your native language)
English

List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc).
I have had training in modeling, acting, public speaking, piano and dance.
I also enjoy courses in cooking in my spare time.

In what sports, if any, have you participated and how long have you participated in each sport?
I have participated in swimming for about eight years, was involved in soccer for a season, and horseback riding for four years.

Please list any schools and universities (public/private/graduate/trade or technical) you have or are attending, as well as the area of study, graduation date and any degree or certification you received.
John Maland High School- 2007
Vancouver Community College- 2009 Wedding planning certificate

What charity/charities have you supported with your time and/or resources over past two years?
Cops for Cancer
BC Children’s Hospital Foundation
91.7 The Bounce Food Drive
Haiti Relief Fund
PREVNet

What would be your "dream job" in life?
At this point in my life Wedding and Event Planning is my “dream job” and I am lucky enough to be doing what I love already.

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life? Why?
Nik, my boyfriend has the biggest influence on my life. He has taught me to stand up for who I am and to realize my dreams are never out of reach.

What is the proudest personal accomplishment (other than being in this or any other beauty pageant competition)
My proudest accomplishment would have to be graduating high school. I was in a time of my life where I was suffering from depression and was scared to leave the house. Being a very ‘social’ type of person taking my classes through correspondence was not my ideal choice. Yet by the end of the school year I passed all of my classes and overcame my depression in time to attend graduation with my friends.

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?
My ultimate career goal is to be the premier Wedding and Event Planner as recognized by my clients, peers and in the business sector I work in. I want my business to be the best at what we do. To attain this goal I have been and will continue to learn and work with the best in the business, always continuing to develop my skills, together with highly client focused business plan I believe I can grow my business into my dream.

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.
My childhood was one of adventure; I lived everywhere from Hinton, Alberta to Langley, B.C. to Hagerstown, Maryland, back to Langley, then on to Devon, Alberta before my present residence in Burnaby, B.C. The majority of my time was spent on an acreage outside of Devon, AB, a place far enough away you could not even get pizza delivery! Growing up in a small community really taught me the value of close knit neighbourhoods and helping each other out as if they were your own family.

Living on an acreage always had us busy, from taking care of the goats to preparing dinner and although we never wanted to do our chores I now see how they have paid off. My parents love to travel and each one of my siblings has inherited that trait. We had the chance to see places others will never see in a life time. The influences of cultures throughout my childhood have enabled me to always keep an open mind and a desire to try new things.

List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had.
Most of my jobs have been pretty run of the mill but I did work in promotions for a summer in which I worked with some of Hollywood’s b-list celebrities.

List any volunteering you have done.
Cooking supper of elders at Devon Alliance Church
Taking care of kids from needy families
Heart and Stroke Foundation
Britannia Montessori School
Cops for Cancer
BC Children’s Hospital Foundation
91.7 The Bounce Food Drive
30 Hour Famine

Where is the most interesting place you have been?
The most interesting place that I have been would be Europe. I am fascinated by royal history and enjoyed the tours of the castles in England and France, as well as the experience of a jousting tournament.

What makes you unique and different from the other contestants?
What makes me unique would be that I excel as a leader; I am not only capable but meticulous. My attention to detail and commitment to excellence allows me to complete tasks to the best of my ability.

What is your philosophy of/in life?
My philosophy in life is taken from something Walt Disney once said “All of our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them”. I know nothing comes easy but as long as we take chances and step outside of our comfort zone anything is possible.

What do you hope to be doing in 10 years?
Naturally in ten years from now I hope to be successful in every aspect of my life from a happy personal life to creating a company that will be one of the top, if not the top wedding/event companies in Canada. I am currently working on establishing a non-profit organization dedicated to the public awareness and elimination of bullying and in ten years I hope to see that through the work of this organization it has helped to move Canada to be a leader in the fight against bullying.

Is there anything you would like to tell us about yourself? Something unique that has happened to you? Some interesting thing about you?
Something unique that happened to me was when I was about ten years old during a vacation at the Dinosaur National Park in Drumheller, Alberta. My family and I were on a guided tour when I discovered a dinosaur bone that was wrapped in a newspaper from the 1940s tucked into a niche of a rock face. Up until that moment that sample had been thought to be lost, years ago archaeologists upon making a discovery would wrap them in paper and pick up their samples on their trip back but before they could retrieve them there was heavy flooding and many samples were never found. Our guide took my name and made a note of the location which was all verified with a letter that was then sent to me. This one piece turned out to be the final bone they were looking for.

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.beautiesofcanada.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...