Thursday, April 15, 2010

Miss Universe Canada 2010 Contestant - Natasha Boras's Photo & Profile/Biodata


Natasha Boras

AGE: 23 | HEIGHT: 5'6" | HOMETOWN: EDMONTON, AB

Natasha Boras is 23 years old. Her family immigrated from former Yugoslavia to Edmonton, Alberta where she was born and raised. Natasha is currently a student at Concordia University soon to have her degree in management. With her degree her goal is to eventually run and operate her own model management firm.

Her hobbies include spending time with her family, travelling, snowboarding, playing music, and taking her dog Rex for runs. Natasha has recently hosted a fundraiser which raised a significant amount of money for the Red Cross organization towards the Haiti relief fund. She also plans to become more active in the involvement of prevention of cruelty to animals.

Natasha’s philosophy in life is to live everyday to its fullest potential and to make the best of every moment!

Questionnaire

Are you currently a student? Yes

If yes, where? Concordia University

Area of study: Business Management

Are you currently employed? Yes

If yes, what is your occupation? Server

Have you completed secondary school? Yes

If yes, where? Archbishop O’leary

Have you completed university/college? I have one year left to complete my degree in management.
If yes, where?

Have you completed any technical/professional school?
If yes, where? No
What subject?

Languages spoken Fluently (please include your native language if English is not your native language)

English and Serbian
List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc).

Dance (Jazz, Tap, Ballet, Lyrical, and Serbian folklore)
Cheerleading
Gymnastics
Softball
In what sports, if any, have you participated and how long have you participated in each sport?

Cheerleading with Mary Butterworth and ACE cheerleading squad for 6 years
Gymnastics with Carlisle gymnastics club-5 years
Snowboarding- 8 years
Danced at Variations dance academy and Serbian folklore for 8 years
Softball- 4 years
Please list any schools and universities (public/private/graduate/trade or technical) you have or are attending, as well as the area of study, graduation date and any degree or certification you received.

Currently attending Concordia University. I will be graduating next April 2011 with a Business Management Degree.
What charity/charities have you supported with your time and/or resources over past two years?

In the past two years I have donated towards AIDS as well as hosted a fundraiser in which proceeds went to Red Cross for the Haiti relief.
What would be your "dream job" in life?

Growing up I have always had a passion for modelling. My ultimate dream job would be to work in the fashion industry. I would love to eventually own my own modeling agency and be a fashion coordinator/director for media, print and/or fashion events.
Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life? Why?

Throughout my childhood my brother and I were inseparable. Even though we were seven years apart he was always a part of my life. He provided guidance to me whenever I needed it, and steered me the right way when I was in doubt. My brother has had the most influence in my life because he was always there for me no matter what.
What is the proudest personal accomplishment (other than being in this or any other beauty pageant competition)

My proudest personal accomplishment in life so far would be that I am the first person in my family to obtain a degree in University. I completed last semester with the highest grade point average that I have had in the last three years. I am eager to start my job practicum in a model management firm and move forward in the industry.
What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?

My career ambition is to use my degree towards working in the fashion industry. With my job placement program through my school I plan to gain work experience at a local model agency so I can develop the necessary skills needed to run my own someday.
Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.

Most of my family immigrated to Edmonton, Alberta from former Yugoslavia in 1974. My brother and I were born and raised in Edmonton. We are seven years apart but were always very close growing up and still are today. We were very family oriented and I spent most of my childhood with my cousins. I was very active growing up and committed to sports. I was involved in the Serbian committee and danced folklore for 6 years. One of my happiest moments as a child was when I received my Border collie Rex for an Easter Present. Thirteen years later, he is healthy and still with me today.
List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had.

The most interesting job I have had was when I was hired by MAC makeup to promote a line of product in which I was dressed exactly like a mermaid. It was an unusual but fun photoshoot that I have never done before.
List any volunteering you have done.

It is my time to finally do what I have always wanted with the prevention of cruelty to animals. Now that I am close to finishing my studies I am currently pursuing to become a volunteer with the SCARS organization in Edmonton.
Where is the most interesting place you have been?

The most interesting place I have been would be in Prnjavor, Bosnia. My grandparents still own their farm where my mom and her three sisters were raised. This would have to be the most interesting place for me because I got to experience where my family grew up. I was also very grateful to see my some of my family again that I haven’t seen since 1991.
What makes you unique and different from the other contestants?

The thing that I feel that separates me from the other contestants is the fact that I am a go getter. When something intrigues me I am determined to do it. Growing up I have always had an interest for music. To eventually mix my own music is something I had always aspired. Two years ago I invested in my own music studio and taught myself how to use the equipment.
What is your philosophy of/in life?

My philosophy in life would be to live life to its fullest potential. I strongly believe and live by this saying because I feel you should life everyday like it’s your last. I try to spend lots of time with my family and friends because they are the most important people in my life. I also try and do lots of traveling so I can experience as much of the world as much as I possibly can. I am a spontaneous person with the willingness to learn and try not taking anything for granted.
What do you hope to be doing in 10 years?

In ten years I want to have a healthy happy family of my own. I aspire to be successful in owning my own model management firm. I plan to be well established in my community in the prevention of cruelty to animals and become a role model for young women who share the same passions as I do.
Is there anything you would like to tell us about yourself? Something unique that has happened to you? Some interesting thing about you?

For only being 23 years old I am very lucky to have traveled to as many places as I have. I have traveled coast to coast competing in a multitude of beauty competitions. In my spare time I have done lots of travelling to places all across the world. I have seen amazing sights such as the Eiffel Tower, Coliseum, Buckingham palace, Vatican City, Acropolis, and the beautiful coastline of the Adriatic Sea. I have recently visited the beautiful Island of Kauai and traveled to Montego Bay Jamaica. After I am done post secondary I want to travel to Asia, Australia, and New Zealand to experience their different ways of life.

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.beautiesofcanada.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...