Thursday, April 15, 2010

Miss Universe Canada 2010 Contestant - Neda Derakhshanfar's Photo & Profile/Biodata


Neda Derakhshanfar

AGE: 22 | HEIGHT: 5'8" | HOMETOWN: CALGARY, AB

Neda is an Iranian-Canadian born in Iran, and currently resides in Calgary, AB. She moved to Canada at the age of 13 with her parents and 3 younger brothers. They lived in Toronto for about a year until her Father’s job required the family to move westward to Calgary. In Calgary Neda began to meet really great people, develop relationships, begin gaining experience in various work fields, finish high school and go to college.

She received a business management diploma and is now currently working at a financial institution where she plans on becoming a financial advisor. Neda also plans to own her own salon/spa in the future. She enjoys dancing, music of all types, swimming, running, hanging out with family and friends, and most of all travelling and expanding her horizons.

Neda has a very big heart and a determined and passionate attitude. She truly believes that with a strong enough mind and will, a person can persevere and achieve any goal they invest their time in. She is very experienced with pageants and has seen great success in the past.

Questionnaire

Are you currently a student?
If yes, where?
Area of study:
No

Are you currently employed?
If yes, what is your occupation?
Yes, customer service representative at CIBC

Have you completed secondary school?
If yes, where?
Yes, Bowness High School, Calgary, AB

Have you completed university/college?
If yes, where?
Yes, SAIT (Southern Alberta Institute of technology), Major in Business management

Have you completed any technical/professional school?
If yes, where?
What subject? No

Languages spoken Fluently (please include your native language if English is not your native language)

English
Persian (Farsi)
List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc).

Dance (Beginners Ballet, Hip-Hop, African)
Piano lessons
In what sports, if any, have you participated and how long have you participated in each sport?

Soccer (3 years in Junior High school)
Please list any schools and universities (public/private/graduate/trade or technical) you have or are attending, as well as the area of study, graduation date and any degree or certification you received.

SAIT (Southern Alberta institute of technology)
Business administration, major in Business management (2003-2005)
What charity/charities have you supported with your time and/or resources over past two years?

Autism Calgary Association (ACA)
Mothers against drunk driving (MADD)
Heart and Stroke foundation
Salvation Army
What would be your "dream job" in life?
- International model, being able to travel and work.

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life? Why?
My youngest aunt has always been a major role model for me. She is very intelligent, independent, and a great mother and wife. She was there for me when I was growing up, she taught me many valuable lessons about life including how to aim high and achieve my goals. Though I don’t see her as much as I’d like to, we are still best friends.

What is the proudest personal accomplishment (other than being in this or any other beauty pageant competition)
I don’t see any one particular accomplishment in my life as the proudest or most important. Rather, I find in life we aim for a series of accomplishments which is our way of seeking happiness and satisfaction. The many incredible relationships I have made, and the wonderful people I have surrounded myself with are as much of an accomplishment, as graduating post-secondary school.

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?
I plan on becoming a successful entrepreneur by opening and operating my own salon/spa. I believe I have the talent and determination required to achieve this goal, for it is something I have always been passionate about. I have studied and gained hands on experience in the field of business management, therefore I feel I have the required skills and tools to manage a salon.

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.
I was born in Iran, and lived there until the age of 13. Life in Iran was great, I enjoyed school very much, and being close to my family and friends was wonderful to say the least. I am the oldest of four children, and because of this I was always helping my mother around the house with taking care of my three younger brothers and chores/cleaning. I am also the oldest grand child in my family, so growing up I found myself spending more time with my aunts and uncles rather than kids my age or younger than me. When we moved to Canada I immediately emerged into the way of life becoming fluent in English in a month. I found it easy to make plenty of friends and excel in school. My parents, siblings and I have always been very close to each other, and have travelled far and wide together experiencing the world and learning together.

List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had.
Working at a daycare for over 2 years was very interesting to say the least, because children are so fun and spontaneous. I had the opportunity to work with many different age groups of children with different personalities, needs, wants, etc. I gained a lot from the job, especially the many great friends I made (parents, children, co-workers, etc.) many of which I am still close friends with.

List any volunteering you have done.
I volunteered for a children’s football camp with former Calgary Stampeders quarterback Anthony Mcclanahan’s Camp Mac. I was involved with promotion and admission, and once the camp began I helped in the entertainment department.

Where is the most interesting place you have been?
I have had the privilege to travel a lot in my life, and have experienced many amazing countries and cultures around the world. The one place that left the biggest impression on me however, would certainly have to be Cuba. It is one of the most naturally beautiful countries with an incredibly rich culture. The Cuban people made great efforts to make visitors feel welcome, and shared with us the embrace of their music, dance, food, festivities, and the happy tightly knit Cuban atmosphere.

What makes you unique and different from the other contestants?
As cliché of a response as it may seem, beauty to me is much deeper than the exterior or looks. I have a very big heart and I tend to wear it on my sleeve, but that is not to say I am naïve or easy to fool. I am very open-minded and respectful to others and their beliefs and I expect the same in return. I am in no way intending to imply that the other contestants are shallow just because they are beautiful, I just feel unique for the personality type that I have.

What is your philosophy of/in life?
Life is too short to let it go to waste, and as hard as it may be at times, try to live everyday as if there may be no tomorrow. Live with positive thoughts and feelings, do positive deeds and wish the best for others so that you can be proud of your actions and relationships in the future, not regretful. Never forget the great things of the past and use them to help with the present and to maintain a positive outlook for the future. Forgive and forget and share love with all those around you, you will certainly find happiness because it is you who feeds your dreams.

What do you hope to be doing in 10 years?
Ideally in 10 years I hope to be married with children, and working a job I truly love. I want to provide my children with a wonderful life and nurture them as they go on to live a happy and healthy life.

Is there anything you would like to tell us about yourself? Something unique that has happened to you? Some interesting thing about you?

One of my greatest qualities is my trustworthiness and ability to maintain strong and close relationships. I enjoy making people laugh and having a sense of humour. It is important for me to stay positive and have great times to make great memories with. I am very family oriented and my family means everything to me, without their love and support I would not be who I am today. I believe that I am a confident and strong willed individual, and with a positive attitude and dedication I can overcome the many obstacles life has to offer.

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.beautiesofcanada.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...