Thursday, April 15, 2010

Miss Universe Canada 2010 Contestant - Theresa Crame's Photo & Profile/Biodata


Theresa Crame

AGE: 24 | HEIGHT: 5'6" | HOMETOWN: VANCOUVER, BC

Theresa Crame was born in Vancouver, but at the age of four her family moved to 100 Hundred Mile House, B.C. In town with a population of just under 5,000 people, big city life was the furthest thing from her mind. Growing up on a farm in the country was a peaceful setting where Theresa learned a sense of community, tradition, and small town ethics.

At a young age, Theresa fell in love with song and dance, which soon developed into a passion for Musical Theatre. Her family has always been very supportive of her goals, and has taken great lengths to help her pursue her dreams. Theresa spent her spare time performing in musicals, taking dance lessons and vocal training, while still finding time to sing competitively around the province. Currently, Theresa’s first passion of musical theatre has left her with a dream to one day perform on Broadway.

Theresa moved back to Vancouver at the age of twenty, where she still resides. When she is not hanging out with friends or relaxing at the beach, her time is spent developing her modeling portfolio and training at her local gym. She also enjoys taking part in as many charity events as she can, hoping to give back to other people and her community. Theresa has taken up sewing and is determined to make a career in the fashion industry, she currently is planning to take fashion design this fall at the Art Institute in Vancouver B.C.

A very passionate and friendly young woman, Theresa loves life and wishes to inspire other adolescents to believe in themselves, while remaining strong and independent. She would like to encourage other young girls to try pageantry, because of all the positive effects that it has had in her life.

Questionnaire

Are you currently a student?
If yes, where?
Area of study:

No.

Are you currently employed?
If yes, what is your occupation?

Yes, I am currently working in the hospitality industry.

Have you completed secondary school?
If yes, where?

Yes, Peter Skene Ogden Secondary in Hundred Mile, B.C.

Have you completed university/college?
If yes, where?

No.

Have you completed any technical/professional school?
If yes, where?

In 2004 I attended the Interior Academy of Hair Design in Kamloops, B.C.

Languages spoken Fluently (please include your native language if English is not your native language)

List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc).

12 years of vocal training including; Operetta, Jazz, Musical Theatre, Classical, and Folk.
5 years of dance training including; Jazz, Hip-Hop, and Musical Theatre.
7 years of training in the performing arts.
2 years of Piano lessons.

In what sports, if any, have you participated and how long have you participated in each sport?

I participated in baseball, soccer, running, canoeing and badminton in high-school. I figure skated for 6 years. I wake-board, and try to work out five days a week. I do a lot of walking and hiking and biking.

Please list any schools and universities (public/private/graduate/trade or technical) you have or are attending, as well as the area of study, graduation date and any degree or certification you received.

I attended the Interior Academy of Hair Design in Kamloops B.C in 2004, I received a certificate and a license for cosmetology in 2005.

What charity/charities have you supported with your time and/or resources over
past two years?

Cops for Cancer
Make a Wish Foundation
Variety Club Show of Hearts
SOS Children’s Villages of Canada
Operation Christmas Child

What would be your "dream job" in life?

My dream job would be to perform on Broadway in a Musical Theatre Production as a leading female role.

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life? Why?

My best friend Camille has influenced my life in the most positive way, she has taught me how to appreciate my family and friends everyday of my life. Camille has also taught me to strive for the best and to believe in myself because with hard work and dedication you can achieve anything.

What is the proudest personal accomplishment (other than being in this or any other beauty pageant competition)

In May of 2000, I received the Provincial Musical Theatre Champion Award. It
was one of the most exciting moments in my life and has encouraged me to continue with music and to pursue my dreams.

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?

I would like to own and operate a high end fashion boutique, based out of Montreal. I love fashion and enjoy making clothing. I plan to take fashion design this coming fall at the Art Institute in Vancouver, B.C. Then I would like to begin my first clothing line, specializing in evening gowns.
Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.

I was born in Vancouver, but spent the majority of my adolescence in 100 Hundred Mile House, B.C. At that time the population of our small town, was just over five thousand, so I was not accustomed to the things that are found in big city life. Our house was situated on a small farm, which instilled a hard work ethic. My family also played an integral role in my up bringing, there was never a shortage of laughter and love in my home. My mother was the one who discovered my talent for music, and encouraged me to continue my craft. I am very fortunate because my family has always been very supportive of my creative endeavours.

List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had.

I have had many interesting jobs in the past which include, hair dressing, dish- washing, gardening and dog walking.

List any volunteering you have done.

I have volunteered at my local Parish, serving food for the less fortunate. I have also spent a lot of time at the local Seniors Centers, performing and entertaining during special events. This past Christmas I worked with “The Beat Cares“, accepting donations and organizing toys.

Where is the most interesting place you have been?

The most interesting place I have ever been is free diving the under water caves in Xel-ha, Mexico. The water was gorgeous and the caves were incredible, an experience that was both scary and exiting all at the same time. I will never forget my fun day of adventure.

What makes you unique and different from the other contestants?

My creativity and passion for performing is what makes me unique. I can honestly say I truly excel when I’m on stage in front of an audience.

What is your philosophy of/in life?

I live my life by being positive, healthy, and open minded. In the last few years I have tried new things and have had many exciting life experiences. I strive to say “Yes” to most opportunities that come my way. I feel that life is meant to be lived…so my philosophy is

“LIVE IT UP! Seize the Day…..carpe diem!!!”

What do you hope to be doing in 10 years?

In 10 years I hope to have travelled all around Europe and have learned how to speak Spanish. I would also like to be married and have a big family, while maintaining a career in the retail fashion industry.

Is there anything you would like to tell us about yourself? Something unique that has happened to you? Some interesting thing about you?

I am a small town girl with big ambitions for the future, I hope to be able to make a difference in the world by helping others. One thing that makes me unique is my personal outlook on life. I believe no matter what happens in our lives you have to be able to find the positives. I'm looking at this pageant as a great experience, and no matter what the outcome I believe something good will come of it.

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.beautiesofcanada.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...