Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Miss Universe Canada 2010 Contestant - Elena Semikina's Profile/Biodata & Photo


Elena Semikina

AGE: 26 | HEIGHT: 6'1" | HOMETOWN: TORONTO, ON

Elena Semikina is currently completing her studies at York University with a focus on Marketing and Finance. In addition to her school workload, she is also enrolled in oratory, neuro-linguistic programming, acting and dance classes. Fitness and daily workouts play an integral role in helping Elena to maintain a well-balanced life.

This business savvy individual is currently translating her vast experience (6 years) in the corporate world and her passion for arts and fashion into the creation of her own shoe line. Her greatest ambition in life is to become a successful communicator who specializes in eco-marketing.

Elena believes that our words and actions can inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more.

Questionnaire

Are you currently a student? Yes
If yes, where?
Area of study: Marketing and Finance

Are you currently employed?
If yes, what is your occupation? I am currently working on creating my own shoe line.

Have you completed secondary school?
If yes, where Lyceum "Antioh Cantemir" Chisinau, Moldova
Have you completed university/college? If yes, where?
International Institute of Management, Chisinau, Moldova

Have you completed any technical/professional school?
If yes, where? I have taken the professional modeling course at Elite Centre Modeling Agency in Chisinau, Moldova. I have also graduated from the professional Art School (Drawing Painting) in St-Petersburg, Russia.

Languages spoken Fluently (please include your native language if English is not your native language) Russian

List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc).
I obtained an Advanced Diploma of Art & Design (Drawing & Painting).

In what sports, if any, have you participated and how long have you participated in each sport?
I have been playing tennis for over 6 years and participating in aerobics for 13 years. For the past 3 years I have been practicing yoga and pilates.

Please list any schools and universities (public/private/graduate/trade or technical) you have or are attending, as well as the area of study, graduation date and any degree or certification you received.
BAS (Marketing & Finance), York University - current
Advanced 2-year program Diploma in International Relations (major) and Eastern history and Philosophy (minor), International Institute of Management, Chisinau, Moldova (2001-2003)
Art & Design Certificate (Drawing & Painting), St-Petersburg, Russia (1991-1996)
Professional Modeling Certificate, Elite Centre Modeling Agency, Chisinau,
Moldova (1997-2000)
Honours Graduation Diploma, Physico-mathematical lyceum "Antioh Cantemir",
Chisinau, Moldova (2001)

What charity/charities have you supported with your time and/or resources over past two years?
For the past two years I have been involved in the Sick Kids Foundation and Brazilian Carnival Ball, Breast Cancer Foundation and Fashion Cares.

What would be your "dream job" in life?

I always had a flair for the arts and fashion. As a child I remember watching fashion shows on TV and loving the colours, the styles, even the shoes. My “dream job” would definitely involve fashion. I would love to design high fashion women’s shoes especially in larger sizes. I have also been attracted to the area of communication and public relations. I realize that in order to get a positive message across to the audience, you need to have a well-thought plan and the ability to articulate effectively. Therefore, my “other” dream job would be in the field of communication and marketing with a focus on eco issues.

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life? Why?
My best friend (Cristina). Despite her terminal illness, she has remained a shinning example of spiritual and physical beauty. Her positive attitude towards everything and everyone and her emotional courage made me stronger and changed the way I see the world today; I began living more fully, meaningfully and thankfully. Perhaps that's my friend's most enduring message - that navigating even misfortune with a positive attitude is what saves you.

What is the proudest personal accomplishment (other than being in this or any other beauty pageant competition)

Having the opportunity to be in sports for over 10 years and learn the discipline they required. It helped me to develop many important life skills such as organisation and self-confidence.

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?

Following your dreams isn’t just about visualizing them – although that is the best start. Following your dreams also means having an action plan and sticking to it. My dream to be a shoe designer has led me to meet some wonderful people. I am currently working with a manufacturer and actively working on creating my line. I have also been approached by the organizers of the Brazilian Carnival Ball, the organization that puts together the biggest fundraiser for Sick Kids Foundation, to promote the Ball this year. I feel this will be a great experience for me as I am also looking to get into the public relations field.

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.
Born in Chisinau, the capital of peaceful and hospitable Moldova, I spent my happy childhood in St.-Petersburg (Russia), the cultural and architectural marvel, where I successfully completed 5-year program of St.-Petersburg School of Arts. Best Memories and moments of my childhood lie in my grandmother's village near St.-Petersburg where I learned to see true beauty in mundane. I am grateful to have caring parents that since an early age strived to help me to discover my potentials and made me realize that education is the power to think clearly, the power to do good, and the power to appreciate life.

List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had.

When I was in high school I spent 3 weeks gathering rose-petals that were used in perfume production.

List any volunteering you have done.
400 for the Sick Kids organization ( through the Brazilian Carnival Ball)

Where is the most interesting place you have been?
It is Uffizi Gallery in Florence. There is one of the most beautiful collections of Renaissance paintings in the world.

What makes you unique and different from the other contestants?

What makes me unique is my perspective on life. I have a hungry mind – I am open to new ideas and philosophies. I am also very positive in my outlook on life, which has made my journey so far very interesting and enjoyable. What make me unique are my mind and my imagination. I believe you can have whatever your mind is set on. I think my personality makes me unique.

What is your philosophy of/in life?

I think the biggest risk in life is to risk nothing at all. I am a big believer in following your heart. When you visualize your goals in your mind, you have the ability to manifest them in life.

What do you hope to be doing in 10 years?

In 10 years I see myself married with 3 kids and owning a successful marketing firm. I see myself doing something I love and helping others as well. I hope to be a happier and more positive person in 10 years. I feel that I am constantly on an upward journey and learning more and more about myself every day. I can’t wait to see the person I become in 2020.

Is there anything you would like to tell us about yourself? Something unique that has happened to you? Some interesting thing about you?

My favourite quote should speak for itself: “Big idea: People want to know that you are real. That you are decent, kind and trustworthy. They want to feel you and sense you and look into your eyes to see what you are made of. They want to know your passion for whatever it is you stand for. And when they sense that you are the real deal, they will open up to you. When they see that you have their best interests in mind, they will trust you--and keep your best interests in mind. Once they get that you are good, they'll be good to you. And your career (along with your life) will get to a place called world class based on those trust connections. (R.Sharma)”

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.beautiesofcanada.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...