Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Miss Universe Canada 2010 Contestant - Emily Hurtubise's Photo & Profile/Biodata


Emily Hurtubise

AGE: 24 | HEIGHT: 5'6" | HOMETOWN: KIRKLAND, QC

Born and raised in Montreal, Quebec, Emily is a proud Canadian Citizen. The diverse and cultural aspect has made her value her country and has helped her develop new skills such as speaking French. Emily feels very fortunate to live in a country where citizens have the liberty to follow through with their endeavours such as education.

Emily is a very ambitious woman. She is currently working and studying at McGill University. Her ambitions include pursuing a career in Human Resources Management. Emily is an active girl and is very passionate about synchronized swimming. She is currently in her 7th year at the competitive level and she has been coaching young aspiring girls who would like to follow in her footsteps for many years. Her experience coaching and swimming has allowed her to gain valuable friendships and has discovered that it is important to keep active and to follow your dreams. As a volunteer, Emily values the importance of making a difference in someone's life. It has given her the opportunity to see firsthand how an individual can have an influence within a community.

Emily enjoys looking through fashion and decorating magazines, being a hair stylist, doing makeup, going for dinner with her friends, and baking.

Emily aspires to win Miss Universe Canada 2010 and hopes to become a role model and set a positive example for women of all ages.

Questionnaire

Are you currently a student?
If yes, where?
Area of study:
Yes, I am currently studying at McGill University in Human Resources Management.

Are you currently employed?
If yes, what is your occupation?
I am an administrative secretary in the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University and I am also a synchronized swimming coach.

Have you completed secondary school?
If yes, where?
I graduated from Beaconsfield High School.

Have you completed university/college?
If yes, where?
I received my AEC diploma at College Mother House Secretarial School and I am in the process of completing my certificate in Human Resources Management at McGill University.

Have you completed any technical/professional school?
If yes, where?
What subject?
-Graduated from College Mother House Secretarial School in Montreal
-Graduated from St-Laurent Coiffure Hairdressing School in Montreal
-Completed my Level 1 synchronized swimming license

Languages spoken Fluently (please include your native language if English is not your native language)
English and French

List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc).
-Received National Lifeguarding Certification
-Synchronized swimming for seven years at national level
-Received Level 1 synchronized swimming license
-I played the trumpet in the high school band

In what sports, if any, have you participated and how long have you participated in each sport?
Synchronized swimming – 7 years
Water Polo – 5 years
Soccer – 5 years

Please list any schools and universities (public/private/graduate/trade or technical) you have or are attending, as well as the area of study, graduation date and any degree or certification you received.
-McGill University, Human Resources Management, Certificate in progress
-College Mother House Secretarial School, AEC, graduated 2007
-St-Laurent Coiffure Hairdressing School, Diploma, graduated 2004
-Beaconsfield High School, graduated 2002
-St-Edmunds Elementary School, graduated 1998

What charity/charities have you supported with your time and/or resources over past two years?
-I am currently sponsoring a child in Brazil with World Vision
-Red Cross

What would be your "dream job" in life?
My dream job would be to work in the fashion or beauty industry such as Elle or Vogue fashion magazine.

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life? Why?
Many people have had an influence on my life but the one person who has had the most impact would be my best friend, Abby. Abby is a very strong woman who has gone through many hard times such as losing her mother to cancer and other difficult affairs. She never gave up and was always there for me no matter what. Having a friend that you can count on and learn from is invaluable and will always have a place in my heart!

What is the proudest personal accomplishment (other than being in this or any other beauty pageant competition)
I have many proud personal accomplishments; I’ve competed at the national level for synchronized swimming twice and I will also be competing at FINA World Master’s Championships in Sweden this year. My proudest personal accomplishment would be the fact that I am currently balancing many affairs at once such as a full time job, keeping up with my studies, being a synchro coach, a swimmer, and a volunteer. It is very challenging but I always push myself to achieve my goals and I believe that in the end I will have many positive outcomes.

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?
I take interest in so many different fields and I am always try to broaden my knowledge so that I give myself the opportunity to choose from a wide array of careers. I have many career ambitions; I would like to work in Human Resources, work for a fashion magazine, continue to be a hair stylist, and to complete all my certifications as a synchronized swimming coach. I am hopeful that by being in Miss Universe Canada many doors will be opened for me to begin an exciting new journey.

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.
I was born and raised in Montreal and I have been living in the same house for 25 years. During my childhood I was actively involved in sports such as ballet, figure skating, gymnastics, water polo, and swim team. Our local swimming pool was a big aspect of my childhood. It was a place where our family and community were brought together. The pool helped me develop my talent for synchronized swimming, as well as create many friendships. Throughout my childhood I was very lucky to have two wonderful parents, two sisters, and two grandmothers who supported me in all my decisions and guided me in the right direction.

List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had.
-Hair Stylist
-Lifeguard
-I delivered the Gazette

List any volunteering you have done.
-I am a volunteer at the West Island Palliative Care Center and I am a Big Sister for Big Brothers and Big Sisters of West Island
-Synchronized swimming judge
-I was a Leader at my local swimming pool

Where is the most interesting place you have been?
The most interesting place to me is Montreal, Quebec. Montreal is unique for many reasons. For one, there is a great amount of heritage buildings with a European influence. Living in Montreal gives you the opportunity to enjoy the four beautiful changes in seasons which all leave you with different memories and experiences. You enjoy all the striking colors of the fall days, the immaculate silence the day after a snow storm, the excitement of the first day of spring, and the engaging view of flowers blossoming during the summer. How can it possibly get better than that!

What makes you unique and different from the other contestants?
If I have to describe my uniqueness I would have to compare myself to the reality show The Amazing Race. I love to travel and to better my knowledge on other cultures, I work well in teams, I’m goal-oriented, competitive, I like to win, be adventurous, take risks, and of course, I like to be in front of the camera!

What is your philosophy of/in life?
Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are. –Bernice Johnson Reagon

What do you hope to be doing in 10 years?
In ten years I hope to be in the position to say that I’ve accomplished and surpassed many of life’s challenges. Most importantly, I plan to be married and have a family of my own.

Is there anything you would like to tell us about yourself? Something unique that has happened to you? Some interesting thing about you?
I am a very compassionate person and I like to see the beauty in everyone. I enjoy being around those who hold a positive attitude. Also, I am a huge animal lover, and especially have a soft spot for dogs. I was never able to have one because of allergies in our family. Every time I go to the mall I make a point of going to the pet store. Donating money to protect dogs against puppy mills is also important to me.

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.beautiesofcanada.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...