Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Miss Universe Canada 2010 Contestant - Fawnia Robitaille's Photo & Profile/Biodata


Fawnia Robitaille

AGE: 21 | HEIGHT: 5'6" | HOMETOWN: VICTORIA, BC

Fawnia was born and raised in Victoria, British Columbia. She is a graduate from the University of Victoria having earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology with a minor in Public Administration. She will soon be attending the University of British Columbia to further her studies in Biochemistry and Microbiology and to complete her pre-medical curriculum. It has long been a goal of hers to become a paediatrician at Vancouver’s B.C. Children’s Hospital.

Having been raised in both the local French and Chinese communities, she is a fluent speaker of French, Cantonese and English. Her upbringing has allowed her to appreciate cultural diversity and the unique cultural composition that is Canada.

Fawnia believes that every moment should be celebrated for each life is akin to a beautiful score of music to which one should sing and dance while their music plays.

Questionnaire

Are you currently a student? No, I recently graduated from the University of Victoria with a Bachelor of Science.
If yes, where?
Area of study:

Are you currently employed? Yes
If yes, what is your occupation? I am currently a full time server at the Old Spaghetti Factory.

Have you completed secondary school? Yes
If yes, where? Ecole Victor Brodeur in Victoria, British Columbia.

Have you completed university/college? Yes
If yes, where? University of Victoria

Have you completed any technical/professional school? No
If yes, where?
What subject?

Languages spoken Fluently (please include your native language if English is not your native language): English, French and Cantonese

List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc).
I’ve taken dance classes since the age of nine from various dance studios.

In what sports, if any, have you participated and how long have you participated in each sport?
I have been playing volleyball since high school and continue to at university. I also played basketball during my time at high school. I have recently taken up tennis and greatly enjoy it.

Please list any schools and universities (public/private/graduate/trade or technical) you have or are attending, as well as the area of study, graduation date and any degree or certification you received.
I graduated from the University of Victoria with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology with a minor in Public Administration last November. I will be attending the University of British Columbia in the fall to further my studies in Biochemistry and Microbiology and to complete my pre-medical curriculum.

What charity/charities have you supported with your time and/or resources over past two years?
B.C. Children’s hospital, CIBC Run for the Cure, and Vancouver Island Head Injury Society

What would be your "dream job" in life?

My dream job would be to work as paediatrician at the Vancouver’s B.C Children’s Hospital. Since childhood, I always wanted to help others. I grew to enjoy sciences and medical sciences through high school and university. It would be a dream job because I would be helping children and would be studying and working in a field that I am greatly interested in.

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life? Why? My grandparents, because they taught me the skills I needed to achieve success in life. They believed that I could pursue my dream of becoming a doctor.

What is the proudest personal accomplishment (other than being in this or any other beauty pageant competition)
My proudest personal accomplishment so far would be receiving my Bachelor’s degree last November.

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?

My career ambition is to become a doctor. I am currently preparing for my Medical College Admission Test and will be attending the University of British to complete the medical prerequisites.

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.

I was raised in Victoria. My grandparents looked after me a lot because my parents were always working. I learned a lot from them growing up, including learning Cantonese and of the Chinese culture.

List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had.

I used to work at a grocery store when I was a teenager. It was interesting because many of my co-workers have become and still remain my close friends.

List any volunteering you have done.

I have volunteered as a French teacher at the Elizabeth Buckley School. I have also done volunteering for the Uvic Cancer Club, and MFRC day care

Where is the most interesting place you have been?

The most interesting place that I have been would be Disneyland – it was like reliving the wonderment of childhood imagination once more!

What makes you unique and different from the other contestants?

I think that being half Chinese and half French makes me unique from the other contestants. I grew up in both the Chinese and French communities which allowed me to embrace diversity.

What is your philosophy of/in life?

Every moment in every life should be celebrated - each life is akin to a beautiful score of music to which one should sing and dance while their music plays. Do not go through life without appreciating it as such – because just as every composition has its beginning so too will it have an end.

What do you hope to be doing in 10 years?

I hope that I will be practicing medicine and helping children with illnesses. I want to become a role model for children by making them smile.

Is there anything you would like to tell us about yourself? Something unique that has happened to you? Some interesting thing about you?

I love children and animals. I have two of the most adorable cats at home that I love so much! I enjoy listening to music while running. I have developed a passion for running this year and I plan to run a half marathon in Vancouver in May!

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.beautiesofcanada.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...